Non-contact, maintenance free measurement in liquids and bulk solids independent of medium properties.
The antenna of the instrument emits high-frequency radar pulses which are reflected by the medium surface. The time-of-flight of the reflected radar pulse, which is directly proportional to the path traveled, is measured. The level is thus calculated from the known geometry of the tank.
Especially suited to:
The safe solution for level measurement in liquids and bulk solids under extreme process conditions and in outgassing, also aggressive media. Additionally suited to hygiene processes.
- Simple commissioning and maintenance
- Non-contact measurement
- Unaffected by medium properties (density, conductivity)
- Freely adjustable measuring range
- Unaffected by filling noise and dust
- Temperature up to +450°C (+842°F)
- Versions suitable for CIP/SIP cleaning processes and hygienic applications
The Micropilot product family stands for non-contact, maintenance-free measurement even under extreme conditions. Unaffected by density, temperature, conductivity and moisture. Hardware and software are developed according to IEC 61508 for SIL 2 or SIL 3 (homogeneous redundancy).
Process temperatures -196 to +450 °C (-321 to +842°F) and process pressures up to +160 bar (+2.320 psi).